Talespin is looking for a motivated concept art intern to join our energetic, fast-paced team to help us design the most amazing games and innovative immersive business solutions. At Talespin we put our decades of game design experience to work, not only to create innovative and memorable games and entertainment products, but also to transform the future of work by utilizing immersive technologies to create best-in-class enterprise products.
As a concept artist intern you will report to our art director. You will be guided in creating a great variety of challenging concept designs. You will be embedded in our Art Team at our Utrecht office and work alongside other employees on various projects.
Does creating great games, designing for immersive (VR, AR and MR), and bridging the gap between entertainment and enterprise excite you? Join us in our adventure!
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Create concept designs based on a briefing and iterate by feedback received from the Art Director
- Create realistic and stylized character designs
- Create designs for props and assets
- Paint over environment blockouts to create early visualizations and establish different moods.
- Work with game designers to come up with original game mechanics and visualize these
- Work with other artists and game designers to create illustrations to accompany game design pitches and proposals.
- Work with animators to create storyboards
- Work with 3d artists to design particle effects
- A good understanding of mood, lighting, architecture, form, shape, structure, silhouette, value, composition, color and detail in concept design
- An understanding of translating concept designs to real-time game content
- An understanding of character proportion and costume design
- Motivated, good communicator and a great team-player
- A willingness to work on various types of designs such as characters, environments or props
- A good understanding of Photoshop
- You are able to deliver smart, unique and functional designs
- A Portfolio with multiple student and personal projects, including a breakdown of your role within these projects with a focus on Concept Art
- You are a good team player, used to collaborative projects with different disciplines.
- You maintain a professional attitude at all times and respond well to critical feedback.
- Interest in both entertainment as well as enterprise projects
- You have an interest in working with Immersive technology (VR, AR, MR)
- Experience with 3d software such as 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Zbrush and so on
- Basic knowledge of Unity
- Foundation in traditional arts, for example figure drawing, landscape painting and illustration digitally of another medium.
- Creation of 2D ingame assets, for example 2D sprites and motion comics
- Experience and interest working with AR/VR