Talespin Reality Labs, Inc. is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations and individuals to make better talent and career decisions. We’re looking for an experienced Customer Success leader to join our team in Los Angeles and drive our mission to transform the way humans learn, work and collaborate.
Talespin is in search of a motivated and inspired Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) to mold and grow its talented team. As the leader of the Revenue department, the Chief Revenue Officer is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of revenue growth and development in the company. This position is responsible for overseeing the growth, operations, and overall health of the Sales (direct and channel teams) and Customer Success functions and ensuring that the interaction between them is aligned with the larger company-wide vision and strategy established by the Executive Team.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate that they possess the following key attributes:
• Customer Focused Results Achiever
• Team Builder
• Channel Builder
• High Velocity Sales and Marketer
• Strategic Thinker
• International Experience
• Experience in migrating the different lifecycle stages of a developing technology ecosystem
• Infinitely curious and a hunger to continually improve
Role and Responsibilities:
Drive new business wins through ownership of all external, new customer go-to-market efforts.
• Lead sales, marketing and business development to align all new customer go-to-market efforts. Create standardized outreach for current and future clients and coordinate its implementation across sales channels, client management, and marketing and communication.
• Increase sales velocity through improved targeting, activity, or win rates to exponentially increase the number of new accounts won annually.
• Within 60 days, evaluate the current team and their processes and present a plan to (i) improve current workflows, (ii) better align sales, marketing and business development efforts, and (iii) establish measurable key metrics for each team.
Optimize for lifetime value of new customers.
• Support new contract negotiations and standard sales procedures to improve value to Talespin.
• Partner with the CEO, CFO and Director of Marketing to support decisions around pricing, contract length, minimum guarantees, and level of customization to offer.
• Leverage knowledge of customer base, channel partners, and inbound leads to improve account targeting and lead qualification efforts to increase the average size of new accounts.
Optimize go-to-market efforts.
• Analyze potential target segments and determine best division of resources to maximize new wins – i.e. in which market segments should we be focused and what is the best way to attack the markets (with geographical, content or market-specific focus).
• Review current marketing budget allocation and determine the best ways to improve spend and drive down the cost of customer acquisition through improving efficiency in marketing spend, driving higher volume or improved targeting from the sales team, and enabling the alliance network to generate more qualified leads.
• Review current third party and partner alliances and determine the best way to expand growth through building an ecosystem of support. Work in tandem with key partners to develop a sales training program designed to develop and empower a growing channel and direct sales organization.
• Improve Sales CRM management (activity tracking, data and pipeline integrity, etc.). Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics.
• Make recommendations on ways to improve customer pitch and marketing materials to showcase Talespin’s value proposition and competitive positioning, potentially including case studies, website enhancements, email marketing campaigns, etc.
Oversee and Protect Talespin’s Culture and Make Talespin an Employer of Choice
• Build on Talespin’s unique legacy by always promoting a culture of growth, collaboration, leading edge client engagements and meritocracy through the organization.
• Work with the CEO and CFO to continuously review, and when necessary, revise performance compensation programs to reward the right behaviors and the achievement of Talespin’s and the client’s desired outcomes.
As a CRO, you will need:
• College degree required and MBA (or equivalent advanced degree) preferred.
• 10+ years of hands-on sales management experience in a high-growth B2B software/SaaS environment.
• Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
• Experience with sales strategy planning and execution, sales operations, customer success, marketing, channel and partner management, business planning, and sales support management in a global setting
• Well-versed in complex direct and channel sales processes.
• Highly motivated with an ability to create and work collaboratively with multiple skills leveled sales team.
• Strategically view the marketplace, analyze opportunities and successfully manage the growth of a profitable enterprise software/content business.
• Demonstrated financial acumen and a history of decision making based upon business metrics.
• Ability to craft and execute a business strategy that will allow for future channel expansion
• Track record of managing multiple projects with a demonstrated ability to prioritize efforts based on ROI to the business.
• Strategic and highly analytical with a leaning towards data-driven decision making and execution.
• Outstanding customer and partner facing communication skills.
• Substantial experience in technology and software.
• Ability to mobilize stakeholders outside of his/her individual span of control.
• An outstanding listener and communicator. Someone who facilitates an open exchange of ideas and fosters an atmosphere of open communication.
• Demonstrate strong people skills, including being perceived as genuinely caring, warm, empathetic, fair, motivating and positive.