Talespin Reality Labs, Inc. is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations and individuals to make better talent and career decisions. We’re looking for an experienced Customer Success leader to join our team in Los Angeles and drive our mission to transform the way humans learn, work and collaborate.
As VP, Customer Success you will setup our Customer Success/Account Manager processes and procedures, and gradually scale the Department. You will also be responsible for the management and development of Talespin’s existing corporate and channel partner client base. Reporting directly to Talespin’s Chief Revenue Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring our customers are realizing maximum business value across the Customer Lifecycle, which ultimately results in their renewal, growth of Lifetime Value and Customer Satisfaction. The VP of Customer Success plays a vital role in ensuring the success and happiness of our customers, as well as the growth and expansion of Talespin for years to come.
Role and Responsibilities:
As the VP Customer Success, you will set the overall vision for our Customer Success team as follows:
• Understand our customer's goals, how our platform and services will help them reach their goals, and ensure that we're delivering on that value for the customer. If we're not delivering value for a specific customer, you will need to catch this early on and put a plan in place to correct course before things escalate.
• Own the entire customer life cycle right after initial sale and throughout the duration of the relationship. You will have responsibility for on-boarding (deployments and training), performance analytics and learning outcomes, and customer support/service level agreement compliance, and renewals/retention.
• Be the voice of the customer: measure effectiveness of Customer Success by defining operational metrics, establishing tracking systems, and reporting to the Company, executive team, and Board.
• Implement on-boarding and development programs for the Customer Success team, and foster collaboration.
• Mentor Customer Success team members and support them in deepening relationships at customer and partner organizations, including engaging with executives.
• Liaise closely with Product, Engineering, Sales, PMO, and Marketing teams to maintain a deep knowledge of our technology, solutions and processes.
• Build strategic relationships across multiple stakeholders within the corporate client or channel account to ensure alignment with business goals.
• Cultivate open pathways for communication between the Customer Success and Sales teams to ensure optimal transfer of knowledge and relationships.
• Work closely with the Sales team to identify and build systems to drive referrals.
As a VP Customer Success, you will need:
• 8+ years of experience leading a Customer Success organization, at an enterprise Hardware/Software or SaaS company, through rapid growth while achieving operational excellence.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate complex business challenges by aligning internal and external stakeholders on a common goal.
• Unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front”. Holds servant leadership as a core value.
• Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where you don't just roll with it - you are prepared to initiate and thrive in it.
• Multiple years of leading, growing, and scaling top performing teams in Customer Success for B2B (SaaS, Hardware/Software deployments or distribution models, or something close to it).
• A commercially-minded leader who has experience working hand-in-hand with GTM leadership to drive the business forward. Must have strong experience and comfort with the commercial side of customer relationships.
• Operationally-minded and data-driven to ensure teams are as productive and efficient as possible, while also producing the right outcomes for customers and for the business.
• Strong ability to inspire, build and lead a team and coaching/mentoring them to success.
• High organizational intelligence about how enterprise customer organizations typically operate.
• Preference for prior experience working within the corporate training/learning development environments.
• Experience building strategic relationships with senior executives at large enterprise accounts, working with ACV of over $500K.
• Adept at understanding customer needs and translating technical concepts into simple solutions.
• Ability to design strategies and programs that both achieve partner goals and lead to additional business opportunities.
• Prior experience with emerging hardware / software platform deployments a major plus.