Talespin is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations and individuals to make better talent and career decisions. We’re looking for an experienced Director, Learning & Experience to join our team in Los Angeles and drive our mission to transform the way humans learn, work and collaborate.
The Director, Learning & Research, under the guidance of the Head of Learning & Experience Design, will be responsible for managing Talespin’s curriculum and instructional design, supporting data strategy, supervising research priorities, and executing a plan to fulfill these objectives. This role will manage a team of Subject Matter Experts and a Researcher.
In this role you will:
- Develop, coordinate, articulate and evaluate curriculum and instruction
- Develop instructional goals and priorities
- Recruit external SMEs and manage relationships
- Develop and manage partnerships with academic and research institutions to support and collaborate on research and learning initiatives
- Leverage performance data to determine effectiveness of existing learning solutions
- Ensure staff are effective, productive, and supported in their work and development
- Contribute to the Content Model
- Ensure curriculum content choices connect to the data model strategy
- Work with the internal data model to align content with strategic need
Education/Experience we are looking for:
- PhD or M.A. in Behavioral Psychology, Education, Cognitive Science other applicable area of study
- At least 5 years working in a role responsible for instructional design and assessment
- High level curriculum expertise and instructional design
- A thorough understanding of the various approaches to evaluation, research methodologies, how to analyze data and present findings in a compelling way
- A collaborative style to form good relationships with colleagues, and an ability to balance priorities of a varied workload through a creative approach
- Experience of contributing to a senior management team with leadership capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills with experience collaborating across various functional teams.