Talespin is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations and individuals to make better talent and career decisions. We’re looking for a creative and detail-oriented Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles and drive our mission to transform the way humans learn, work and collaborate.
In this role, you will contribute to the execution and strategy across Talespin’s marketing and communications efforts, including PR, event marketing, digital and social media marketing, product marketing, and brand development. The ideal candidate is an energetic, high-volume multi-tasker able to work cross-functionally as well as independently, creative, highly organized, with strong attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate Talespin’s social media, PR, and brand content creation, including day-to-day activity across communication channels, planning, writing and scheduling of social media and digital content.
- Contribute to and maintain Talespin’s content marketing calendar across channels.
- Assist with regular campaign performance reporting E.g. social media engagement and audience growth, blog, and website performance.
- Work closely with external partners, vendors, and contractors for PR, design, and content creation projects.
- Play a key role in the research, planning, coordination, and successful execution of industry conferences, trade shows, client events, speaking engagements, product launches, demos and special events.
- Propose ideas and methods to streamline and optimize event planning and implementation processes. Develop forms, checklists, protocols and templates.
- Collaborate with leads to develop event strategies that capture opportunities for sales, marketing, community engagement, talent acquisition, employer branding and thought leadership
- Monitor and assess communication activities for opportunities to demonstrate Talespin thought leadership across various channels.
- Develop online brand awareness as a community contributor on behalf of Talespin.
- Stay on top of industry trends, developments and news, to continually build expertise and thought leadership in our space.
- Support the production of compelling digital content and the execution of strategic communication plans to promote Talespin’s products, services, and employer brand.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify, capture and document Talespin stories that engage and inform target audiences across various communication channels.
- Work closely with internal art and product teams on the production of marketing assets, such as videos, product imagery, and product messaging.
Education/ Experience we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 2+ years of marketing experience, B2B marketing or technology marketing experience a plus.
- Passion for, or understanding of virtual reality and augmented reality technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling marketing materials.
- Proven ability to write copy for multiple marketing channels, including social media, web, and sales materials.
- Willing/able to travel to events up to 20% of the time.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- The ability to collaborate with teams and manage multifaceted projects.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- 1+ yrs hands-on event production and/or trade show experience.
- Nimble social media manager adept at community engagement.