Talespin is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations and individuals to make better talent and career decisions. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our team in Los Angeles and drive our mission to transform the way humans learn, work and collaborate.
In this role, you will craft compelling narratives to represent our suite of virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality products. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will work with Talespin’s product and marketing teams to foster a deep understanding of our customers and users, own the creation of product messaging, and develop differentiating visual and written marketing materials for use in product launches, campaigns, website, sales materials, and social media marketing initiatives. The right person for this role combines exceptional communication skills, an ambitious attitude, and a passion for enterprise XR technology (virtual, mixed and augmented reality) solutions.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, product, marketing communications, public relations, design, and sales through the complete product development lifecycle to deliver world-class marketing communications.
- Define product positioning, value propositions, and key product messages for Talespin’s suite of virtual, augmented, and mixed reality software.
- Development of product launch activities, press releases, digital/content marketing, sales materials, and industry events.
- Partner with internal product teams to conduct research and gather business insights, including conducting customer surveys and competitor research, and developing customer personas and mapping buyer/user journeys.
- Garner insights that help drive strategic decisions and product roadmaps, from market assessment and quantitative analysis to product positioning.
- Understand different market dynamics, the competitive landscape, and technology trends across AR/VR, artificial intelligence, enterprise software, and emerging technologies.
- The ideal candidate will know how to positively impact customer sentiment and drive new behavior, effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams for brand building, product positioning, and creative marketing.
- Author customer and user-facing communications to build awareness and positive sentiment for our products - such as blog posts, product guides, keynote presentations, educational materials, and more.
- Represent our customers with internal Product Management and Engineering teams, and provide direction on messaging, branding, product positioning and planning leading to successful product adoption.
- Drive user engagement and adoption through the creation and management of outbound marketing efforts such as educational content, events, programs, and go-to-market plans.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA Degree preferred; MS/MA/MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing or product management; experience marketing AR/VR technology, enterprise software, or emerging technologies a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B or technology marketing at a fast-paced company and will be able to communicate how and why our products can provide meaningful value.
- A track record in formulating product messaging and creating outbound marketing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; thrives in highly collaborative projects, effective at building consensus, handles high stakes decisions with ease, and ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Proven oral and written communication skills; ability to become fluent in technical concepts and explain to non-technical partners.
- Experience conducting customer and market research, including user surveys and competitive landscape analysis.
- The ideal candidate will be creative and display strong communication, organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Experience partnering with agencies, Product Management, and Engineering organizations
- Experience communicating to a variety of audiences, including both technical and consumer
- Project management experience is a plus